Have you ever felt stuck like you’re on a hamster wheel can’t get off? You just can’t seem to move forward, you’re uncertain or scared about making changes so you do nothing. Or you hope somehow the changes you want will magically appear. And with each passing day you feel more frustrated, and like a loser because you can’t seem to get it together. Life just keeps going on and you’re in the same place you were last year or maybe even 5 years ago. Well, you’re not alone.
Did you know up to 70% of Americans hate their jobs? Yikes! Talk about feeling stuck and unfulfilled and that’s just one part of your life. What if you feel it in your relationships, finances and health too? Geez, no wonder we’re a nation of stressed out, over tired people with chronic health conditions. Even if you don’t fall in to that category, it’s likely you’re feeling stuck in some area of your life.
Here’s the good news. YOU HAVE THE POWER TO CHANGE IT! Here’s 5 Keys to Take Charge and Take Back Your Life.
- Name It To Change It – Identify where you’re feeling stuck. Career, relationships, health, financially, well-being, spiritually or a combination of different ones. After my divorce I felt stuck, scared and out of control financially, in my career and relationships. Each part of your life impacts the rest they’re not mutually exclusive.
- Be the Captain of Your Own Ship – Remember this is YOUR LIFE, you get to CHOOSE how you want to live it so take responsibility for how you want to live and what you want to create in it.
- Clarity is Divine – Get clear on what you want instead. If it’s health determine what you want to change with your current health. For example if you want to have more energy and lose 20 lbs. What’s in your control, what’s out of your control? You can control what you eat, the amount you exercise and your thoughts about your health and well being. Out of your control are things like what other people think or tell you should do. If you have a pre-existing condition that limits the type of food you eat or exercise you can do, that’s out of your control too BUT it doesn’t limit you from improving your health.
- Take Action – Even baby steps help you to get unstuck and move towards creating what you want to change. Do some research, you can find anything on Google. Come up with a plan that works for you and implement it one step at a time.
- DOC It – This comes from my friend, Tom Sterner’s book, “The Practicing Mind”. Do, Observe, Correct. Rarely is getting to your desired outcome a straight path. Course correct along the way without bringing your inner critic into the conversation. Slip ups, mistakes, failure is ALL part of the journey, stop with the judgment already. (That’s a topic for another conversation.)
Here’s what I want you to do. Take these keys and use them. And if you need some help schedule a complimentary 20 minute strategy session with me. As Danielle LaPorte says, “It’s your life. YOUR life. Your LIFE.” I’m here to help you change it and make it the best it can be.