Last night my friend Tina and I were supposed to launch our Web show Soar into Power and Freedom. We were so excited to start this community for entrepreneurs and mid-lifers in career transition. We spent time discussing our Vision and Mission, planning our topics for the upcoming weeks ahead. Now we were ready to go LIVE for the first time in a few minutes.
And then there was a GLITCH, a technical glitch making it impossible for us to stream live through the platform we were using. We logged off and back on, tried different links, called a tech friend and the clock kept ticking. Nothing was working and by 8:20 we accepted it just wasn’t going to happen last night.
Ahhhh, SHIFT happens, doesn’t it? And sometimes when it does it’s REALLY frustrating. But you know what? It’s life! Shift is happening ALL the time. Change is so inherent, so natural it’s amazing how much stress, dis-ease, and grief it causes in humans.
The truth is its how you choose to react to it that makes it good, bad or indifferent. Your perception creates your belief around whatever shift is currently occurring in your life. I admit last night I felt frustrated when we couldn’t get the show to go live. And yet I didn’t allow it to ruin my night. In fact a friend called me a little later and we had a great conversation. I’d let go of it because I know we’ll get the tech issues worked out and launch next week.
Here are some tools for you to use when SHIFT happens in your life:
- Let yourself FEEL whatever emotion is coming up. If you need to remove yourself from the situation in order not to strangle someone, go punch a pillow, cry in a bathroom stall, do it. It’s HEALTHY to RELEASE your feelings in a constructive way.
- Accept the SHIFT for what it is. It’s a change, and change is constant. Your life won’t end if you can’t have Cheerios one morning, or coffee, or your green drink. Simple examples I realize but you get the point.
- Focus on the opportunity not the loss. When one door closes another one opens……ALWAYS. Look for the door that’s opening it’s there but you have to turn towards it instead of looking back wishing, wanting things to be different or the way they were. Memories, like the corners of my mind……… (You get bonus points if you can tell me where those lyrics are from).
- Be thankful for the GOOD in your life including YOURSELF. I guarantee you’ve got WAY more good going on in your life than bad. Take time to appreciate it and yourself for ALL the good that’s already there within and for you. Did you know writing down 3 things you’re grateful for on a daily basis will change your life for the better? Your HAPPINESS will definitely increase for one.
As long as you’re alive SHIFT is bound to happen. You, my friend have the POWER to choose whether to let it drag you down or open the door of opportunity for you. And if you’re struggling with a SHIFT in your life, schedule a complimentary NAME IT TO CHANGE IT strategy session with me today.
P.S. We will be launching Soar into Power and Freedom next Tuesday, November 22 at 8 pm EST. I’d love for you to join us. You can connect with us here.
I can’t remember an election that’s caused so much discord and pain. On my Face book feed alone I’ve seen emotions ranging from grief, anger, shock, gloating to downright nastiness.
There’s been ugly name calling, accusations, people un-friending friends and family all because of differing political views? Really? I thought our Constitution was based on freedom of speech and for ALL people to share their views.
There’s so much F.E.A.R. being expressed by people on both sides. It saddens me to realize so many people are struggling with the results from this election.
Are you feeling stressed, worried, and angry? No matter what your reaction to this election is one thing I can guarantee is that how you currently feel will change because our emotions are constantly changing. The key is to allow yourself to feel whatever’s coming up and not get attached to it. The more you can be an observer of your emotions the less control your ego has over you.
Why do I say that? Because when you’re so caught up in your emotions particularly negative ones you’ve lost control and the ego’s taken over. Ever watch a toddler have a temper tantrum? I’ve seen a lot of people acting like toddlers on Face book recently.
The ego wants you to feel separate from your Self and others and that’s where F.E.A.R. (Feelings Experienced As Resistance) starts to take over and you begin to lose your connection to your inner guidance and to others.
One thing I know for sure is there’s over 324,981,031 people currently living in this culturally and geographically diverse land called the United States. UNITED being the Key word here. We’re a Nation of human beings sharing this beautiful land. Even though we may look different and have opposing beliefs and values at the core we’re very much the same. So instead of focusing on our differences how about we focus on what we have in common?
Stressing over a result you don’t like doesn’t serve you or anyone else. So here are some tips for reducing your stress.
1. If you’re unhappy with the election results its O.K. Get your feelings out in a positive way. Journal it, talk with a friend BUT don’t be abusive to people who have a different point of view. It doesn’t serve you or them. Hate begets hate. Only love through compassion and understanding heals, unites and helps all of us to create a stronger, more united country.
2. Accept what is, complaining about it doesn’t change it. Focus on what you can do to create the change you want to see in this country. It all starts within.
3. Come back to the present. We have no idea what is going to occur over the next four years and worrying about it serves no positive purpose. Bring your awareness to your life today, how much good is in it and trust that by placing your attention and efforts on the positive currently in your life you’ll experience greater peace of mind which impacts your life, your relationships and your community.
During this transition let L.O.V.E. (Loving Our-self Valuing Everything) be the guiding force in your life because LOVE truly is the most powerful force in the Universe. And this I know for sure.
If you’re struggling with a change or transition claim your complimentary NAME IT TO CHANGE IT session here. You’ll be surprised how much you can clear in 20 minutes.